In your attempt to adapt to the evolving technology landscape and the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, have you invested in solutions that may not be assisting your company in achieving its long-term goals? If so, you’re not alone. Smart Tech Acceleration is about ensuring technology adopted aligns with the business’ long-term goals.
The rapid growth of technology shows no signs of slowing, and businesses have gradually begun to adjust to the “new normal.” Small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) have started to realize that to provide a competitive level of service to both customers and employees, they must keep up with current trends that support their goals and vision.
Here are a few reasons why staying current with evolving technologies is critical:
- Improved efficiency: By integrating all necessary tools, we can save time and reduce effort, resulting in increased efficiency.
- Enhanced productivity: Focusing on streamlining technology and processes can improve productivity and enhance the employee experience.
- Improved security: Retiring obsolete technologies that are no longer receiving critical security updates can help improve security.
The emphasis, however, must be on smart tech acceleration rather than just speed. While tech acceleration is about fast implementations that fix short-term issues, smart tech acceleration focuses on implementing technology that supports the organization’s long-term goals and vision.
Next steps for your business
Like most other companies, you’ve probably seen a lot of changes since the pandemic began in 2020. Businesses had to make rapid decisions overnight by deploying tools for remote work and collaboration to adapt to COVID-19 restrictions and keep employees and customers safe. While these digital solutions might have helped businesses like yours survive during a period of great uncertainty, they may have been inadequately integrated with existing systems or no longer fulfill your objectives and vision.
It’s time for a smart tech acceleration that considers your company’s long-term strategy, market trends and the role technology can play in furthering key initiatives. A prediction that investment in smart infrastructure will increase by 40% in 2022-2023 demonstrates that many organizations understand the importance of effective technology acceleration.
Smart tech acceleration also underlines the importance of technology in terms of customer experience and employee retention. While 10% of businesses commit to going fully remote, 60% experiment with hybrid environments and 30% return to the office, seismic shifts in customer and staff retention patterns could occur if quick acceleration gets prioritized over a long-term strategy. Rushed changes and accompanying solutions may not serve your employees and customers well.
Three ways smart tech acceleration supports long-term business growth
- Businesses today must collaborate with several vendors to perform various tasks. Smart tech acceleration insists on identifying partners who align with your values and are innovative enough to contribute to your future roadmap. This is crucial because otherwise, you’ll have to face multiple issues down the road, and things may get even more complicated if you have to find a substitute in the middle of a project.
- Integration helps businesses meet their growing IT demands by making it easier to connect new solutions with their existing IT infrastructure. In fact, many manufacturers today design their technology products expecting future integration with other IT components.
Smart tech acceleration advocates for integration to improve business operations. A centralized infrastructure boosts the efficiency of information sharing and workflows, resulting in higher productivity. It also reduces operational expenses, improves overall response time and guarantees that information is easily accessible when needed.
- Smart tech acceleration ensures your organization’s growth by focusing on key performance indicator (KPI) improvements rather than quick, reactionary installations.
If you don’t invest in a long-overdue technological upgrade, you may lose your prospects to your competition. Instead of relying on quick fixes that won’t help you achieve your goals, focus on investments that will promote long-term productivity and operational success. This will help you stand out from the competition and achieve success in the long run.
While it’s difficult to walk the path of smart tech acceleration alone, having an expert outsourced IT provider by your side takes this pressure off your shoulders. Contact ITNS Consulting today for a no-obligation consultation.
Additionally, download our infographic “How Smart Tech Acceleration Fuels SMB Success” to learn more.