What is Systems Engineering?
Systems Engineering is a highly sought-after craft in the world of technology. That’s because there’s a lot more to setting up a business network than just pulling computers and networking gear out of boxes and wiring them up. In fact, the first step to systems engineering is to fully understand the business’s pain points, existing processes and procedures, and its overall goals. In addition to understanding the business, it’s extremely important for effective security measures to be implemented into every layer of the business operation. Therefore, it’s equally important for the systems engineer to plan to accommodate for the security and privacy needs of the business. There’s a real finesse to understanding a business well beyond its technology, and it all starts with having a conversation with an experienced and certified professional.
It’s also essential for both parties to understand how things are in their current state as well as having a clear vision of the goals the business needs to achieve. From there the parties can begin the process of formulating a project plan and an appropriate budget. Keep in mind that some projects, depending on the scale, can be cost prohibitive to deploy all at once and therefore must be phased into place. This is where working with professionals like us really pays off, because we understand how things are in business and technology and can plan the deployment phases accordingly. There’s nothing worse than spending a considerable amount of time and money only to find that the final phase is no longer compatible with the initial phases of a deployment. We go out of our way to make sure this won’t happen!!
There are many reasons for businesses to seek out a systems engineer. The most obvious reasons are periodic system upgrades and business growth beyond current technical capabilities. Other reasons may include:
- Connecting remote offices to a central office with Virtual Private Networks (VPNs)
- Expanding the business network resources to create a hybrid cloud for additional features and functionality
- Changing out the primary Line of Business Software to a new version or different vendor
- and many other business driven reasons.
There seems to be a common misconception that the entire existing system has to go when making major system upgrades. This is not entirely true. In many cases, existing systems such as those dedicated to Database Operations or Line of Business Applications actually benefit directly from a system upgrade because the appropriate system resources can now be allocated for these older systems to run more efficiently and effectively.
Identifying inefficiencies is also a big part of systems engineering. Sometimes a process or procedure needs to be updated rather than implementing a technical solution. For example, moving a highly used shared printer closer to the work area so that users spend less time gathering their print jobs... or even adding another printer can amount to a better work flow which translates to better productivity which amounts to higher profits over time. Whatever your reasoning for Systems Engineering, our experienced certified staff is here to assist you.
Here's how your business can benefit from our Systems Engineering Services...
ITNS Consulting is dedicated to providing the very best services to proactively support, maintain, and securely protect your business interests. Our suite of technology solutions are specifically designed to efficiently and effectively save time and money in addition to providing considerable value well beyond what many other providers offer. Here are just a few important reasons to consider our Systems Engineering Services and other solutions over what you may currently have in place:
- Security and Systems Engineering Consulting by Certified Professionals
- Systems Engineering for System Adds, Moves, and Changes
- Ability to work with multiple vendors to create robust solutions at affordable costs
- Comprehensive Systems Analysis and Design
- Security implemented at every layer of the business operation
- Compliance Management (PCI-DSS, HIPAA, Other PII)
- Comprehensive Documentation and Change Management
- System Design, Implementation, Testing, and User Training
- Advanced Security Solutions
- Vendor Coordination and Management
- Complete Project Management