What is Business Continuity?
Simply equating a Backup and/or Disaster Recovery with Business Continuity without further consideration is a dangerous mistake for any business owner, large or small. There’s a lot more to Business Continuity than just performing a routine backup and being able to recover it. In addition to a backup and disaster recovery solution, business continuity also includes planning and documentation for many other factors that business owners and other IT service providers easily overlook… and thus fail to prepare for.
A few thought provoking examples...
- How are hardware failures, data loss or corruption, and other system failures handled? Are there any redundancy measures in place?
- How long will it take to fully recover your systems and regain access to your company's data? What is the Recovery Time Objective (RTO) and Recovery Point Objective (RPO) for your system’s backups including any data stored on hosted cloud services?
- How will your business continue to operate during a system outage, power outage, or loss of internet connectivity?
- How are viruses, ransomware, and other system security issues addressed?
- Do you have a Breach Notification Plan that complies with Section 134.98 of the Wisconsin State Statutes (Wisconsin’s Data Breach Notification Law)? Does this plan detail how to address the media while protecting and maintaining the integrity of your business’s reputation?
- How will the business continue to operate if there is a fire, flood, tornado, or other disaster that causes physical damage to the business location or its operations?
- Do you have an emergency response and evacuation plan? How often is it tested?
- Do you have a structured checklist for what to do in the event of a break-in, theft, robbery, or active shooter in the work place? Do you review and practice this process with your staff? How often is it reviewed and practiced?
- Do you safely maintain and update an Emergency Contact List of all vendors, suppliers, financial entities, and other key components necessary to maintain business operations? Are there secure copies of this list stored in a location outside of your primary business location?
- How will your business continue to operate during a short-term, long-term, or permanent loss or death of the business owner, primary business manager, or other key staff members?
- And much, much more...
Businesses either do this...
Or end up doing this...
Strategic Business Continuity is a thoroughly documented and tested set of plans that comprehensively detail how the business will continue to operate efficiently and effectively in the event of a system outage or any other issue that negatively affects the business and its operations. In short, Strategic Business Continuity is the process of planning for the business’s survival and proactively testing these plans to ensure that if ever needed… will work as designed to keep the business fully operational... no matter what.
Here’s how our Strategic Business Continuity Services can protect your business…
As you probably know, it's really only a matter of time before your business is confronted with a serious issue that negatively affects its business operations and sustainability. Taking proactive measures now will make all the difference in how those scenarios are played out and whether your business will successfully survive... or be forced to close.
Our Strategic Business Continuity Management (SBCM) program incorporates a holistic management process that identifies potential impacts that threaten an organization. Our SBCM program provides a framework for building resilience and an effective response that safeguards the interests of its key stakeholders, reputation, brand, and value-creating activities. We define and categorize stakeholders as owners, employees, customers, suppliers, investors, and the community or communities in which an organization operates. Strategic Business continuity planning is the process through which organizations establish the capabilities necessary to protect their assets and continue key business processes after a disaster or an unexpected business interruption occurs.
ITNS Consulting is dedicated to providing the very best services to proactively support, maintain, and securely protect your business interests. Our suite of technology solutions are specifically designed to efficiently and effectively save time and money in addition to providing considerable value well beyond what many other providers offer.
Here are just a few important reasons to consider our Strategic Business Continuity Services and other solutions over what you may currently have in place:
- Strategic Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Consulting
- Project Management for Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Planning
- Existing Documentation and Policy Review
- Comprehensive Security Analysis and Review
- Risk Assessments (RA)
- Threat Assessments (TA)
- Business Impact Analysis (BIA)
- Disaster Recovery Planning and Review
- Business Continuity Planning and Review
- Documented Change Management for Policies, Processes, and Procedures
- Breach Response and Notification Management
- Incident Response and Notification Management
- Liaise with Third Parties for Training and Additional Services
- We are a certified partner with Datto, the Global Leader in Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery Solutions
ITNS Consulting is one of the best managed service providers in Southern Wisconsin because we partner with the best solution providers in the world. That’s why we chose to partner with Datto, the Global Leader in Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery Solutions, to be the system backup and disaster recovery solution for ourselves... and for our valued Clients. Leveraging Datto, into your Strategic Business Continuity Plan will protect your business data and keep your core business systems backed up, secure, fully operational, and available 24x7x365. Get in touch with us today to arrange a FREE consultation and demonstration to see what our Strategic Business Continuity Management (SBCM) program along with our partnership with Datto, can do for your organization.